Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Settling In

So.

I've been down to the largest outdoor market and also now know of several that are closer by or more specialized. All are well with-in walking distance as walking is, currently, the only option.

I know the 4 grocery stores w/in a short walk of my place and what's available/better/cheaper at each.

I know the names of some of the waitstaff at the cafe by my apt but so far just the cute ones.

There is already one club that I'm sick of going to and I know the appropriate places to get superglue, roast pepper and eggplant salsa, knockoff DVDs, reasonably decent croissants, good scotch, and an extremely cheap (but you get what you pay for) haircut.

So I suppose that is to say that I am, slowly but surely, making my new home. Home.

2 comments:

BiblioDiva said...

Good to read that you're making your way around and settlin' into home.

How much longer until your car arrives?

artemisia said...

Glad to hear you are getting settled in! It is an exiting time. I am a bit jealous. Hope to explore a new place to make home soon. Wish us luck on the job search!